[Uim] Preventing Shift+Space from turning on IM

Joseph Foran jcforan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 15:16:17 EEST 2004

Hi Yusuke-san

Thanks for your reply.

> Does MS-IME like binds work well?
> If so, probably you made a misspelling. Please show
> us the
> correspondin line of .uim.

Now that I've looked at it properly the MS-IME key
bindings actually aren't working. I really should have
checked this!!

> > and removed from the "<Shift> " from the
> > define-generic-on-key statement. but still no joy.
> Could you replace the line with following line?
> (define-key anthy-on-key? '("<Control>j"
> "<Control>J" "zenkaku-hankaku"))
> I hope this may help you.

I'm afraid this didn't work either :-(

It appears that my ~/.uim file isn't being read. I
tried changing permissions on it but to no avail.
Perhaps it should be put somewhere else (somwhere
under /etc ?) so that it can act as a global
configuration file? (It seems that Mandrake starts X
up before the user logs in so maybe this is the
cause?)

BTW, the package I used to install was
uim-0.2.8-5mdk.rpm

Again thanks in advance.