[Uim] Certain keys break input

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Mar 16 18:21:15 EET 2004

Thanks for your report, and I'm sorry for my long response time.

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:22:45 +0100
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> Hi! I've noticed that certain keys tend to break off input, and, as
> happens when you input characters that aren't recognised, the input's
> reversed.
>
> For instance, try and use uim-romaja to enter: "yoboseyo". It works
> until the second "y", but when you type that in, the previous input,
> "se", is reversed, and it turns into "yoboesyo". Apparently, uim
> thinks that "sey" is _one_ sequence, and treats it as unrecognised and
> reverses it.

Yoboseyo should be 여보세요, but uim-romaja's result is 요보엣요. I
noticed that first character should be 여 but is 요, and third character
should be 세 but is 엣,

I have no idea about the former problem. Shoud we add 여 as a candidate
of "yo"?

The latter problem seems uim's bug, but I don't think uim thinks that
"sey" is one sequence. I think the key to solve this bug is uim
processes "se" as "es", but I have no time to investigate more than that
now.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki