[Uim] uim 0.3.0.1 released

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Mar 19 14:33:23 EET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:50:46 -0800
Ken Deeter <ktdeeter at alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hi just to report a few more problems. I now can use prime for all my
> input and am enjoying it very much.
>
> - There is no way to input small hiragana.
>
> - When I hit the key 'x', it tries to show the last candidate, even if
> no candidate window is showing and there is nothing in the preedit
> buffer.

I fixed now. Thanks for your report.

> - no way to know status of IM. Is there any document on how to use
> uim-helper-server and friends? Is that what I am even suppose to use?

Install them and start uim-helper-toolbar-gtk or
uim-helper-toolbar-gtk-systray. helper-server is started automatically,
so you don't need to care about it. But now toolbar has some bugs, so it works

> - wish there was a quick way to go in and out of romaji mode like the
> 'l' and 'ctrl+j' combination of skk.

You can customize the key bind by define-key. For examle, if you want to
use 'l' to go to romaji mode, write following code to your ~/.uim.

(define-key prime-latin-key? '("l" generic-off-key?))

For more details, you can see doc/KEY in source tarball.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/