[Uim] uim-py: Adding idioms to PY.scm

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Wed Mar 31 18:51:51 EEST 2004

Hello Jon-san

Thank you for the reply.  I read it with much interest.  It was
enlightening too.

> 'Tones' has the great disadvantage that, for non-native Chinese writers,
> they are easy to forget.
They are hard to remember in the first place for me...  I'd like to see a
list of frequently used multisyllabic entries on the right of each kanji.
For example, if I highlight "学" in the candidate list for "xue", "学生"
"学期" "学习" etc. appear in the sub-list.  Maybe I'm too lazy...

> Note that the Hanyu Da Cidian (HDC) contains 347,426 multisyllabic
> entries, although an entry system would start to be useful with as
> little as 1% of that, I think. Some sort of automatic method of
> inputting these multisyllable entries is needed. I have some ideas, but
> haven't had time to try them out yet.

I'm looking forward to what you'll come up with.  Until then I'll keep my
PY.scm growing little by little.

Yukiko