[Uim] Should we have a stable branch?

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Mon May 10 18:31:09 EEST 2004

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:

>>>Now I'm thinking whether we should have stable branch or not.

For what it's worth, I think you shouldn't bother with a stable
branch until UIM offers a minimally practical input for CJK.

Now it seems that only J input can be called practical. A
minimally practical input for C (both simplified and
traditional) is close. Once differentiation between the umlaut u
and plain u, tones, and maybe a short list of multisyllabic
entries (such as the one Bando-san is working on) is
incorporated, then I think C input under UIM could be called
practical.

(I can't judge K since I only took one semester of Korean more
than 40 years ago and have forgotten it all.)

Jon

--
Jon Babcock