A comment about pyunihan (Re: [Uim] Should we have a stable branch?)

Duncan Mak duncan at ximian.com
Mon May 10 21:56:23 EEST 2004

Hello Jon,

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 11:31, Jon Babcock wrote:
> Now it seems that only J input can be called practical. A
> minimally practical input for C (both simplified and
> traditional) is close. Once differentiation between the umlaut u
> and plain u, tones, and maybe a short list of multisyllabic
> entries (such as the one Bando-san is working on) is
> incorporated, then I think C input under UIM could be called
> practical.

With the 0.3.6 release, I can finally try the new pyunihan IME. In
general, it works, it really gives me a LOT of kanjis to choice from.
However, the available ordering of the kanji is quite funky -- it seems
like Vietnamese kanjis (unique to only Vietnam) are always showing up
first. For a simple test of typing ni hao ma (你好嗎), ni is the 31st
choice, hao the 34th choice, and ma the 19th choice (the simplified
version at 17) I guess it works, but it feels very tedious (and funky!)
to weed thru all these strange, exotic-looking, Vietnamese kanjis.

謝謝 (wow, the 190th choice!)

Duncan.