[Uim] Should we have a stable branch?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri May 14 10:32:10 EEST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 09:31:09 -0600
Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I think you shouldn't bother with a stable
> branch until UIM offers a minimally practical input for CJK.
>
> Now it seems that only J input can be called practical. A
> minimally practical input for C (both simplified and
> traditional) is close. Once differentiation between the umlaut u
> and plain u, tones, and maybe a short list of multisyllabic
> entries (such as the one Bando-san is working on) is
> incorporated, then I think C input under UIM could be called
> practical.

Surely CJK input methods are important because they are more complex
than other languages, but uim is not only for CJK input method library.
I think we shouldn't draw line CJK and other languages.

The timing of creating stable branch should be 'when we have one
practical input method' or 'when we have practical input methods for all
languages'.

Of course it's only my opinion, objection is welcome.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/