[Uim] Cut/Paste problems with UIM under KDE

Marc Nino Cellucci marc at tiger-marmalade.com
Tue May 18 06:40:11 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 11:12, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> I'm also using uim-0.3.4.2-2mdk under Mandrake 10.0 Community (fully
> updated with cooker repository) and can reproduce the problem.  Ctrl-V only
> works the first couple of times for me in kwrite, kmail etc.  Sometimes it
> doesn't work at all.  I didn't notice the problem because I always use
> mouse for copy and paste (highlight and middle-click).  On the other hand,
> uim-helper-applet seems to work fine here.

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem!  I was worried
it was an error on my part or something.  I too am using uim-0.3.4.2-2mdk via
Cooker.

uim-helper-applet works for you?  It hasn't worked for me since I installed
Mandrake 10 Community.  I am using KDE (I don't even have Gnome installed)...
could that be why it doesn't work?

> I wonder if there's some incompatibility with Mandrake's qt
> (3.3.2-12mdk)...? I installed uim-0.3.8 from the tarball (after
> uninstalling uim, uim-applet, libuim0 and libuim0-devel pacakges) but could
> not type Japanese in KDE applications.  Nothing happened with Shift+space.
> I did "./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc" but it didn't do the
> trick as before.  I have no idea what to do and am stuck with uim-0.3.4...

I personally haven't tried any of the tarballed versions of UIM.  I'm on
Cooker, and I'm relatively new to Linux, so I'm sticking with Cooker RPMs for
now... that's as brave as I get!

Marc...