[Uim] Cut/Paste problems with UIM under KDE

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Tue May 18 15:33:37 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 12:40, Marc Nino Cellucci wrote:

> uim-helper-applet works for you?  It hasn't worked for me since I installed
> Mandrake 10 Community.  I am using KDE (I don't even have Gnome
> installed)... could that be why it doesn't work?

I mean, uim-helper-applet works in Gnome.  How did you add it to the panel in
KDE?  I can't see it in the list of available applets...  Anyway, rpmdrake
summarizes  the package as IM applet for uim using gnome2.

> I personally haven't tried any of the tarballed versions of UIM.  I'm on
> Cooker, and I'm relatively new to Linux, so I'm sticking with Cooker RPMs
> for now... that's as brave as I get!

I'm running cooker by accident because of the mirror structure change!  I too
prefer using rpms with urpmi.  It makes my life easy .   Let's hope  for
uim-0.3.8-1mdk.i586.rpm appearing on the mirror. :-)

Yukiko