[Uim] Testing the immodule patch #2

David Oftedal david at start.no
Tue May 18 14:44:13 EEST 2004

Hello!

After recompiling KDE, I found out things weren't going as well as I
hoped. Upon starting KDE, I was greeted with a completely empty desktop,
although my GTK applications from the previous session were starting.

I'm currently using Fluxbox... Any time I try to start a KDE
application, I get the following message:

QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/hicolor/
group 16x16/stock/chart not valid.

[more icon errors]

QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...

[even more]

KCrash: Application 'kreversi' crashing...

[even more icon error messages]

Basically, it's become impossible to use anything that uses Qt or KDE,
and this is after I recompiled it all. I'm not sure if it's the patch
causing that or something else.

-David