[Uim] Testing the immodule patch #2

Marc Nino Cellucci marc at tiger-marmalade.com
Tue May 18 15:54:57 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 20:44, David Oftedal wrote:
> I'm currently using Fluxbox... Any time I try to start a KDE
> application, I get the following message:
>
> QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
> QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
> kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/hicolor/
> group 16x16/stock/chart not valid.

Hi David,

I'm running Mandrake and KDE, and I get the same errors.  The thing is, I've
been getting the QPixmap errors ever since I installed Mandrake 10 Community
on my machine.  I don't have any trouble running KDE apps, so I don't think
you should worry too much about the QPixmap errors.

As for the IconLoader errors, from what I can tell, it's a known bug with KDE.
There's an extra space before the word "group" in the path.  It's a reported
bug with several distros, so hopefully it'll get fixed sometime soon.  Still,
it shouldn't be causing you any crashes... I get the same errors, and the KDE
apps still run.

Marc...