[Uim] Cut/Paste problems with UIM under KDE

Marc Nino Cellucci marc at tiger-marmalade.com
Tue May 18 15:58:01 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 21:33, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> I mean, uim-helper-applet works in Gnome.  How did you add it to the panel
> in KDE?  I can't see it in the list of available applets...  Anyway,
> rpmdrake summarizes  the package as IM applet for uim using gnome2.

If I run uim-helper-toolbar-gtk-systray, it shows up in the KDE systray.  Just
to test things out, I tried installing Gnome, but I still get the same "?"
icon no matter what I do.  Could it be because I didn't install Gnome and uim
at the same time?  Hmmm....

> I'm running cooker by accident because of the mirror structure change!  I
> too prefer using rpms with urpmi.  It makes my life easy .   Let's hope
> for uim-0.3.8-1mdk.i586.rpm appearing on the mirror. :-)

Yeah, the mirror structure change threw me in the Cooker pot as well!  I like
bleeding edge software though, so I don't mind.  But I figure if I'm going to
use Cooker, I should stick with Cooker RPMs.  I'm looking forward to
uim-0.3.8 too!

Marc...