[Uim] Testing the UIM input context plugin - Final hurdle

David Oftedal david at start.no
Tue May 18 17:56:51 EEST 2004

Finally I got everything working!

The problem with the multithreaded Qt not being supported lay in the
ebuild, and not in the plugin source. This means that the ebuild for the
Qt uim plugin has two problems that could be worked on in the future.
However, the other ebuild, the patched Qt ebuild, worked perfectly for me.

There is a final problem, and I'm rather embarrassed to say it -
I don't know how to turn it on! I was able to select the plugin from
qtconfig (I selected uim-anthy, and after that uim-romaja), but I have
absolutely no clue how to enable it in any program! I tried shift-space,
which is what I'm used to on gnome, but I couldn't get it working.
Perhaps I need a CVS version of uim? I think I'm using the absolutely
newest one though. I hope someone can help me getting this thing running. :)

-David