[Uim] Debian package of qt-immodule for Uim is now available!

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri May 21 15:18:16 EEST 2004

Hi

On Friday 21 May 2004 06:10, Kazuki Ohta wrote:
> If you have any problem or any idea about qt-immodule, please post the
> messsage to this list or email me.

QT-immodule worked fine in kwrite and kmail  for a while but it looks like
something went really wrong.  After reboot I experienced weird problems.

-  I got apps and dialog boxes without title bar and frame!  (except the very
first app I opened after login)
-  Tasks didn't appear in taskbar.
-  I was able to type only in the first app until I open another.
-  Then keyboard shortcuts wouldn't work either...

It's beyond me whether those problems came from qt-immodule or something else.

> OpenOffice.org doesn't have immmodule like function, and we all can input
> on OOo via XIM only....(OOo uses the original GUI Toolkit called vcl) So,
> if you cannot input through uim-xim, that's the problem of uim-xim.

I selected XIM in qtconf but could not type Japanese in OpenOffice programs.
For the moment, uim-xim only works with uim-0.3.4.2-2mdk for me.  I installed
uim-0.3.8 from tarball but could not use it in KDE and OO.o applications.

As a KDE user,  I look forward to the development of qt-immodule.  I'll try
again when new RPMs are out.

Yukiko