[Uim] Debian package of qt-immodule for Uim is now available!

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Thu May 27 15:12:48 EEST 2004

I thank testers and developers of qt-immodule.
Daiskue-san and JKUG (Japan KDE Users' Group) folks will be
able push the patch to Trolltech with confidence.

> > Will one ever be able to switch input methods within a program though?
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if one can switch input methods on the fly via an applet
> just like switching keyboard layouts?  In order to make it work as a toggle
> button, I guess there should be a place where you can register what you use
> though.
Yes , we are planning to implement input method switching via an applet.
Changing input methods from qtconfig, gtk's context menu or some environment
variable is not a sophisticated way, though it is sometimes useful.

> With m17n added to uim, now I have more than thirty input methods, only three
> of which I need. :p
By the way, current m17nlib support is in too preliminary stage. I am planning
to rewrite it.

Regards,
--
 CHAOS AND CHANCE!