[Uim] QT-immodule: Unable to type characters with accents

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Mon May 31 17:31:19 EEST 2004

Hi,

I have installed new packages for QT-immodule and noticed I can't type
any character with an accent in KDE applications if the plugin is
enabled.  I can change keyboard layouts, if I switch to French "q"
becomes "a", but nothing happens when I press "2" which is supposed
to show "é".

I also tried with my .Xmodmap (îûâùàçéèêôüëï are mapped to 0-9 and Win
keys etc.) but none of them appeared.  With CapsLock, though, I can
type symbols and numbers in the next group, ie. apostrophe and 7 in
the following example.

keycode 16 = eacute Eacute apostrophe 7

If I select XIM in qtconfig and log in again, the problem is gone.
But I have other problems like windows without frame etc. again...

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem.  I'm using Japanese
106 keyboard under KDE 3.2.2 - QT version 3.3.2 - Mandrakelinux.

Thank you.

Yukiko