[Uim] Cannot select candidate from uim-candwin-gtk or uim-candwin-qt

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Fri Nov 5 03:50:25 EET 2004

Hi, all.

When I input through uim-xim, candidates is shown by using external
application named uim-candwin-gtk or uim-candwin-qt. I found the problem that
clicking the candidates shown on these applications makes no sense. This is
because there's no way to inform uim_context of candidate's clicking.

This is solved by introducing new helper message "candidate_selected".
External application send this message with selected index, and uim-xim
receive this message, and call uim_set_candidate_index.

But I think there may be better solution, so I posted this mail.
Any ideas on this?

regards.

Move the worl:D!
Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp