[Uim] Re: Cannot select candidate from uim-candwin-gtk or uim-candwin-qt

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Nov 5 04:25:39 EET 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:50:25AM +0900,
Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:

> When I input through uim-xim, candidates is shown by using external
> application named uim-candwin-gtk or uim-candwin-qt. I found the problem that
> clicking the candidates shown on these applications makes no sense. This is
> because there's no way to inform uim_context of candidate's clicking.

Really?  Have you checked the behavior of uim-candwin-gtk and uim-xim?

uim-candwin-gtk and uim-xim is connected with pipe with write/read
mode, and uim-candwin-gtk send index of clicked candidate directly to
uim-xim, and uim-xim can handle this message already.

See index_changed_cb() in helper/helper-candwin-gtk.c and
candwin_read_cb() in xim/canddisp.cpp.  Also doc/HELPER-CANDWIN.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp