[Uim] Replacing property handling codes with property.scm

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Oct 28 21:51:23 EEST 2004

Hi Hiroyuki,

At Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:29:21 +0900,
yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:

> At Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:15:34 +0900,
> tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:44:12 +0900
> > YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > > What I meant by the word 'manipulator' is an unit of user
> > > interface entity. The unit which has an unique ID is required to
> > > implement the framework, to contorl user preference.

> > > I think that the names 'entity' or 'unit' are too generic to
> > > indicate the role, so I suggest the name 'manipulator'. Do you
> > > have a good idea? Is the name 'ui-unit' is meaningful for you?
> >
> > ui-unit is easier than manipulator for me.
>
> Okay. It's the most preferable candidate for now. Propose
> better name if you have found.

I would like to use the word 'widget' instead of 'ui-unit'. How
do you feel it?

widget
n.
   1. A small mechanical device or control; a gadget.

Although we are familiar with 'window gadget' rather than above
definition, the difference will not cause problems.

 2. [possibly evoking "window gadget"] In graphical user
    interfaces, a combination of a graphic symbol and some
    program code to perform a specific function. E.g. a
    scroll-bar or button. Windowing systems usually provide
    widget libraries containing commonly used widgets drawn in a
    certain style and with consistent behaviour.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp