[Uim] Some comments for SigScheme

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Sun Aug 7 19:06:26 EEST 2005

Hi, Hiroyuki.

> Hi kazuki, I'm happy if you consider this comments.
Of course, I consider:-)

> * ARGNUM is not intuitive
>
> I guess ARGNUM is an abbreviation of 'argument number'. I
> think it's not intuitive because distinction of ARGNUM_L,
> ARGNUM_R_NotEval and ARGNUM_R_Eval is not related on the
> number of arguments. I propose ARG_TYPE or FUNC_TYPE.
You're right. Now, I'm considering to abolish ARGNUM_R_Eval
and ARGNUM_R_NotEval, because its name is not so intuitive,
as you suggest. And I plan to rename ARGNUM to FUNC_TYPE.
But FUNC_TYPE_R or FUNC_TYPE_L is also not intuitive. Do
you come up with proper name for these symbols?

> * InitSubr is not describing functionality properly
>
> Because the role InitSubr family is registering rather than
> initializing. For uim, changing function names are difficult
> for compatibility. But SigScheme has no constraint now, I
> propose change these function names as RegisterSubr.
"InitSubr" basically takes over SIOD's "initsubr" functions.
And I also experienced discomfort to this name. So I'll change
"InitSubr" to "RegisterSubr", as you suggest.

Thank you Hiroyuki!

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp