[Uim] uim 0.4.6 final released
tkng at xem.jp
Sat Feb 26 18:46:15 EET 2005
uim-0.4.6 final is released. You can download source tarball via:
* You can't use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-xxxx. You should use GTK_IM_MODULE=uim
instead. Default input method is determined from current locale.
If you want to specify default input method, use uim-pref-gtk or
uim-pref-qt. (uim-pref-qt is exmerimental though.)
* You can't use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-xxxx. You should use XMODIFIERS=@im=uim
* UimQt/uim-kdehelper is off by default. You should give --with-qt
--with-qt-immodule for configure script explicitly if you want to use
* On AMD64 machines, you should execute autogen.sh instead of configure.
* uim-prime sometimes make PRIME out of control. This seems a very
nasty bug of uim. If you are using uim-prime as your main input method,
you should keep the version your uim 0.4.5.1. (Or if you have enough
time, you can challenge newer uim-prime. Hiroyuki Komatsu wrote new uim-
prime for new PRIME. See
for more details.)
* Some features on switcher are broken. You should always choose
"Change whole desktop" for now.
* Because 0.4.6 final have some bugs as described above, we'll provide
0.4.7 as a bug fix release.
Changes between 0.4.6beta2 to 0.4.6 final
- Enabled m17n-latin-pre/post input methods.
- Fixed too many executions of prime.
- Fixed build problem on DragonFly.
And some bug fixes.
Changes between 0.4.6beta1 to 0.4.6beta2
- Fixed that user cannot use scheme plugin
which installed in ~/.uim.d/
Changes between 0.4.6alpha1 to 0.4.6beta1
- Added subgrouping feature.
- Added a missing header file.
* m17n-lib plugin
- Fixed some cadidate related bugs.
- Added -S option. (GNU screen mode)
- Fixed crash bug with F10 key with anthy
- Fixed compilation on Solaris8.
- Check added before calling getenv and execlp.
- Don't read/save personal dictionary if uid and euid is different.
And many bug fixes.
Changes between 0.4.5 to 0.4.6alpha1
There're too many things to describe here. Following list is incomplete.
* uim-pref-gtk (new!)
- Preference tool
* UimQt (merged from sub project)
- You need to apply 'immodule for Qt' patch to use this.
* uim-kdehelper (merged from sub project)
- uim-candwin-qt, uim-pref-qt, uim-toolbar-qt.
- Many features are added.
- Plugin system is introduced. This will reduce both of memory
consumption and application start up time.
And many many many bug fixes! (and may a few enbugs...)
If you noticed a bug in uim-0.4.6 final, please tell us. You can post a
bug to fd.o's Bugzilla or this mailing list.
(Sorry if I've forgotten your name)
More information about the uim