[Uim] UIM should always keep the status of IM engine in one application

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sat Jan 1 23:39:53 EET 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 03:59:58 +0900 (JST)
UTUMI Hirosi <utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> I have a problem:
> $ kasumi
> Choose the "word" box
> Press shift+space
> Type new words in Kanji
> Choose the "pronunciation" box
> => UIM will turn off IM engine.
> => You need to press shift+space again.
>
> I think that is strange.
> UIM should always keep the status of IM engine in one application.
>
> See also Kasumi wiki:
> http://kasumi.sourceforge.jp/index.php?%A5%D0%A5%B0%CA%F3%B9%F0%2F36
>
> What do you think about it?

This is a difficult problem. There are some similar problems. For
example, in password box, input method should not be enabled. As a
conclusion, currently I don't have enough time to fix but surely it's a
problem. To fix the problem, we need to add a property to input context,
but it won't be easy.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki