[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sat Jan 1 23:03:29 EET 2005

Sorry for late replying.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:59:24 +0100
Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel at planet.nl> wrote:

> uim is a great system, but I have a wishlist for 0.4.6:

Thanks!

> -- there should be user-level documentation, explaining clearly
>    how to install and use the system.

I agree. But unfortunately now I don't have enough time to write
user-level documentation....

> -- in 直接入力 mode, for entering characters with dead keys,
>    AltGr, and Compose, the whole UTF-8 compose table should be
>    supported (not only the Latin-1 characters).

You mean all entries in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose? I
think it may be excessive. Of course such input method is worth as one
input method, but maybe should not be default.

> -- the systray widget should always show the state of the input
>    system. At the moment it does not always do this (e.g. with
>    Russian: Russian-on and Russian-off look exactly the same).

I guess you mean Russian input method should not have on/off state. If
so, I agree with you. I want to do so.

> -- it should be possible to disable "shift-space". Users often hit
>    these keys by mistake. It may be better if you can switch input
>    methods only by clicking on the widget.

Now we are developing GUI preference tool. With the tool, you'll be able
to configure key binding settings easily.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp