[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Jan 7 01:50:29 EET 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:39:10AM +0100,
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> Sorry, but could someone give me the details of how to start uim-xim again?
>
> LC_ALL=foo_BAR.utf8 LANG=foo_BAR.utf8 uim-xim &
>
> ?

You mean restarting working uim-xim?  If so, just kill the process and
excute uim-xim.  Note that you don't need to specify LC_ALL and LANG
since the behavior of uim-xim depend on clients' locale, not uim-xim's
working locale.

> At any rate, the user still has to specify what input method is to be
> used. Does anyone remember the command line argument for specifying
> default? And can anything be used for switching methods within a program
> with uim-xim? Like the helper applet?

Just use uim-im-switcher.  And default can be specified with like,

$ uim-xim --engine=anthy &

> In other words, can UIM now do what SCIM can do ;)

Not sure :)

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato