[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Sat Jan 8 15:57:00 EET 2005

Etsushi Kato <ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp> さんは書きました:

> Weird.  I could not reproduce this on my environment (FC3 and Mac OS
> X).

Maybe you have set LC_CTYPE to something? LC_CTYPE seems to be
the relevant variable for determining the default input method.
It crashes for me also with the following locale settings

>>     mike at kibou:~$ LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 uim-xim
>>     UIM-XIM bridge. Now supporting multiple locales.

[...]

>>     セグメンテーション違反です (core dumped)
>>     mike at kibou:~$

(Besides LANG and LC_CTYPE, no other locale environment variables
are set).

>> Backtrace:
>>
>>     (gdb) bt
>>     #0  0x40301bf0 in strcmp () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
>>     #1  0x40144e3a in uim_check_im_exist () from /usr/lib/libuim.so.0
>>     #2  0x40144fd6 in uim_get_default_im_name () from /usr/lib/libuim.so.0
>>     #3  0x0804bc42 in main ()
>
> It seems that uim_return_str in uim_get_default_im_name() of libuim
> becomes NULL for some reason.  Something may be broken in libuim.

Maybe because there is o default input method for German?

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。