[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Sat Jan 8 16:18:40 EET 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:57:00PM +0100,
Mike FABIAN <mfabian at suse.de> wrote:

> Etsushi Kato <ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp> さんは書きました:
>

> > Weird.  I could not reproduce this on my environment (FC3 and Mac OS
> > X).
>
> Maybe you have set LC_CTYPE to something? LC_CTYPE seems to be
> the relevant variable for determining the default input method.
> It crashes for me also with the following locale settings

Yes.  uim-xim uses return string of setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "") for
determining default IM if user doen't specify one.  With
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, "direct" input method will be selected with
uim_get_default_im_name("de_DE.UTF-8").

> >>     セグメンテーション違反です (core dumped)
> >>     mike at kibou:~$
>
> (Besides LANG and LC_CTYPE, no other locale environment variables
> are set).

That is fine.

> >> Backtrace:
> >>
> >>     (gdb) bt
> >>     #0  0x40301bf0 in strcmp () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> >>     #1  0x40144e3a in uim_check_im_exist () from /usr/lib/libuim.so.0
> >>     #2  0x40144fd6 in uim_get_default_im_name () from /usr/lib/libuim.so.0
> >>     #3  0x0804bc42 in main ()
> >
> > It seems that uim_return_str in uim_get_default_im_name() of libuim
> > becomes NULL for some reason.  Something may be broken in libuim.
>
> Maybe because there is o default input method for German?

As I noted above, "direct" is default for German.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp