[Uim] TODO list until 0.4.6

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Jan 13 13:05:48 EET 2005

At Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:15:46 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:12:37 +0900
> YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > - Selectable items should be apperared as human-readable labels
> >   such as "Beginning of preedit" in uim-pref rather than magic
> >   word "left" or "caret". string-choice will not has such label
> >   string since string itself should be appeared as selectable
> >   item for users
>
> I assumed following code. This has human-readable labels so it has same
> looks as other ordinaly cohices. Why string itself should be appeared as
> selectable item?
>
> (define-custom 'candidate-window-position-choice "caret"
>   '(global)
>   (list 'choice
>         (list "caret" "At caret (cursor) position" "description")
>         (list "left" "At left end of preedit" "description")
>         (list "right" "At right end of preedit" "description"))
>    (_ "Candidate window position")
>    (_ "long description will be here."))

Since I assumed following purpose for string-choice. The string
value itself is important, and user editable value may be
required for such purpose (implies ComboBox widget).

(define-custom 'japanese-punctuation-mark "、"
  '(global)
  ('string-choice
   "、"
   ","
   ",")
   (_ "Japanese punctuation mark")
   (_ "long description will be here."))

But current libuim has a character code conversion problem when
the conversion is performed without uim_context, I may implement
japanese-punctuation-mark by ordinary choice and hooks.

> > So I suggest that changing the custom type of
> > candidate-window-position to ordinary choice. And I'll extend
> > uim_symbol_value_str() as it can return both string and symbol,
> > as temporary solution. No code modifications of bridges are
> > required.
>
> If there's no need to modify bridge code, I'm OK. That is the most
> important thing.

Done. Check it.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp