[Uim] announcement of SigScheme

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Wed Jul 13 01:09:28 EEST 2005

Hi, All.

I've uploaded the latest snapshot:-)

I've introduced the simple benchmark and testing framework
for this version by confirming its speed and compatibility
to R5RS. Please try ./runbench.sh and ./runtest.sh.

I use benchmarking programs listed in

Roughly speeking, SigScheme wins SIOD in some benchmarks
like bench-fib.scm even at this stage (of course, same heap
size and same name hash size).  rec, tak, takl, takr also
wins.

# SigScheme has the tactics to get more faster and more
# memory less.

[ bench-fib.scm ]
ubuntu% time ./sscm bench/bench-fib.scm
832040
./sscm bench/bench-fib.scm  1.67s user 0.03s system 98% cpu
1.727 total
ubuntu% time uim-sh -B < bench/bench-fib.scm
832040
uim-sh -B < bench/bench-fib.scm  2.27s user 0.01s system 98%
cpu 2.310 total

Otherwise, bench-arith.scm, bench-loop.scm loses.
For bench-arithint.scm, our interpreter seems to scan the
stack tremendous bytes. This may be the bug of GC.
For bench-loop.scm, SigScheme needs much time for allocating
and initializing the big size of heaps. I must introduce
some methods to reduce startup overhead.

regards.

Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp