[Uim] Korean input

David Oftedal david at start.no
Tue Jul 19 22:03:08 EEST 2005

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

>Hei David,
>
>hvordan gaar det?

Hei :D Jo takk, bare bra! Og med deg? :)

>Capital latin letter?
>
>Are there plans to replace the old one with the new one?

Capital latin letters, yes.

As far as I know, the old one has been replaced with the new one in CVS,
but it might not be present in any stable releases yet.

>Is there a particular reason to settle on the old romanization style?  All
>literature I encounter seems to use "kamsa hamnida" versus "gamsa habnida".

Actually, it's hardly possible to do it in any other way, since "kam"
and "ham" are already used for other syllables. To insure that each
syllable has a unique romanized equivalent, we can't observe all the
rules for proper romanization.

-David