[Uim] Korean input

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Tue Jul 19 22:13:11 EEST 2005

-On [20050719 21:03], David Oftedal (david at start.no) wrote:
>Hei :D Jo takk, bare bra! Og med deg? :)

Bare bra, takk...

>>Is there a particular reason to settle on the old romanization style?  All
>>literature I encounter seems to use "kamsa hamnida" versus "gamsa habnida".
>>
>Actually, it's hardly possible to do it in any other way, since "kam"
>and "ham" are already used for other syllables. To insure that each
>syllable has a unique romanized equivalent, we can't observe all the
>rules for proper romanization.

I really need to test this to see how it works, since, aside from the
Beolsik dependency, the Microsoft IME for Korean is quite smart, building up
jamo from the characters you enter.  So right now I am a bit clueless about
how you meant the above.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
The easy path is somehow never the right one...