[Uim] Korean input

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Jul 22 00:31:37 EEST 2005

On 20 Jul 2005 18:45:47 +0900
Park Jae-hyeon <jhpark at kias.re.kr> wrote:

> TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> writes:
>
> > Hmm, that's interesting. Now I have a question, if there's no Hangul
> > keyboard, how do you type Hangul text? For example, in overseas
> > travel, how do you write e-mail to your family?
>
> David already answered, although I usually use my laptop.  :)
> I suppose you should also install a Japanese input method on a Windows
> machine if you want to write Japanese outside Japan.

No, I also use my laptop. ;-)

If I don't have laptop, yes, then I'll try to install a Japanese input
method. But when I want to type only a few characters, I'll use a web
service to get Japanese text from romanized characters.

http://chasen.org/~taku/software/ajax/ime/
https://sumibi.org/sumibi-ajax/

Is there similar service in Korea? If not, if we can make a web service
of uim, is it useful?

> > Can I ask another question? How do you think about romaja.scm of
> > uim? i.e. is it usable for native Korean users?
> (snip)
> Probably not many Koreans will use romaja.scm.  Nevertheless, it will
> be useful for foreigners or Korean people living abroad who are not
> familiar with Korean input.

I see. Yesterday, I had a chance to ask the same question to Korean
foreign student. He said the same thing.

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp