[Uim] Korean input

David Oftedal david at start.no
Mon Jul 25 11:52:55 EEST 2005

>HWP inserts "아", and "aga" becomes "아가", "agxa" becomes "악아".
>So, you don't have a way to enter an isolated jungseong.  I am not
>sure which is better.  If you require "xa" for "아" and regard "a" to
>be "ㅏ" as in 2-beolsik layout, you have more control on isolated jamo
>input, but allowing "a" to be "아" looks more natural.  A possibility
>is to make it configurable in the preference tool.
>
>Jae-hyeon

That would typically require a tool more sophisticated than mine though,
since this method's actually just a long table generated from a script:

((("g" "a" ))("가"))
((("g" "a" "g" ))("각"))
((("g" "a" "g" "g" ))("ㅤㄱㅏㄲ"))

It isn't an ideal solution, but it's so much easier to make than a
fully-fledged input method like uim-anthy... :)

As for ㅢ, I simply copied all the romanizations for the vowels from a
Unicode listing, which used the ISO TR 11941 system of romanization
instead of the national system of the Republic of Korea. This is why ㅢ
is listed as "yi" and ㅝ is listed as "weo". It will be my first
priority to add more romanizations for these two, then, and I'll try
adding the others as I go along. As a matter of interest, does anyone
know if there's a maximum size for these tables? I know the one in
SCIM's a fair bit larger than mine, and I suppose it's because of these
extra romanizations.

-David