[Uim] Determine the semantic of reset

Kenichi Handa handa at m17n.org
Thu Jun 2 14:52:02 EEST 2005

In article <20050602200718.7127d3b5.tkng at xem.jp>, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki <tkng at xem.jp> writes:
> Maybe I found a problem for this approach. If user want input method to
> commit when focus-move, but not commit when focus-out, what we should
> do? I like this behavior.

Ummm, I don't like it, but anyway...

> To allow such behavior, I couldn't think of any idea except adding new
> 'committable-when-focus-move-only' property.

The committable property is a piece of reasonable
information an im-module can determine and attach, but
'committable-when-focus-move-only' is not.

If we really need different behaviour on focus-move and
focus-out, different APIs are necessary for an im-engine as
you wrote, and a user should be able to customize each
behaviour as below:

  o commit only the committable text (default)
  o commit nothing
  o commit all of the predit text

So, still an im-module must give the committable property
(or the equivalent information) to an im-engine because such
information can't be decided by an im-engine.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa at m17n.org