[Uim] A Korean input module for uim

Park Jae-hyeon jhpark at kias.re.kr
Fri Jun 17 15:30:35 EEST 2005

Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel at planet.nl> writes:

> Thanks! Now it works. The menu in the widget gives the
> possibilities
>
>     영숫자       (A for short)
>
>     한글  글자   (가 for short)
>
>     항글  낱말   (말 for short)
>
> Unfortunately I hardly know more Korean than just a little bit of the
> alphabet, but it seems that 말 is the setting for "input unit is
> word". Choosing this I could change 가 to 加 by pressing F9, but I was
> not able to change 서울 to 京, although it should be possible
> according to your dictionary. Should some other conversion key be used?

You don't need to use another conversion key.  F9 should be able to
convert a word as well.  Now, byeoru-dic.scm does not have any word
information.  Probably, you are referring to the following part of the
dictionary.

    ("경"
     ("京" . "서울 경")

Here, the Chinese letter "京" is a candidate for the sound "경", and
"서울 경" is a comment explaining the meaning of "京".  "서울 경" is
how we usually call this letter "京" in Korea.  You will see how it
works if you try to convert 경.

If you want to do the conversion 서울 to 京, then you can insert an
entry into byeoru-dic.scm like

where "京" is a candidate for "서울".

By the way, I found that there was a freely available Korean-Chinese
dictionary containing more than 20000 words, gathered by Changwoo Ryu.
I will try to contact this person.

Regards,

Jae-hyeon