[Uim] Problems with UIM om Fedora Core

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 18 08:21:43 EEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 06:52:19PM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
> Hmm... After updating all the RPMs on my system (meaning UIM was updated to
> version 0.4.6-3, I believe), UIM suddenly stopped working entirely.
> gtk-query-immodules reports only one UIM-related input method to be
> installed, called "uim", which doesn't do anything, and no other input
> methods are reported as installed.

You've upgraded from a much older version, where each uim backend was a
different immodule to the current layout, which uses uim-pre to choose a
backend.

Run uim-pref, choose a default backend, and configure all the key bindings. It
beats the heck out of hacking up a .uim in scheme. ^_^

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.