[Uim] Release manual draft

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Wed Jun 29 22:59:41 EEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:32:27 +0200
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai at in-nomine.org> wrote:

> Is there a svn repository up now or should I still grab hourly
> snapshots?

Hourly snapshots. I'll request to sitewranglers to re-enable our svn
repository.

> Which Scheme do you use?  It is a custom made interpreter for all I
> know, but is there a particular version of the language specification
> you guys use?

Our scheme interpreter is not compatible for any Scheme specification,
because it's based on siod, an old scheme interpreter. (Therefore, it
*may* be compatible with old Scheme specification, such as R3RS. But I
don't know such a old specification...) We recognize this
incomtatibility as a problem. To solve this, now Kazuki writing small,
R5RS compatible interpreter. (I guess it doesn't support some features
in R5RS such as continuation, floating point, because they are not need
for input method. But I don't know detailed information.)

> uim/doc is the only documentation we currently have right?  Or had
> someone written a basic uim user document already?

Yes, if I remembered correctly. We don't have enough official user
manual.

> I can easily help writing the documentation since I want/am using uim
> myself and I know how to write documentation for users. ;)  Just need
> to know what's already done and not.

If you write us the user manual, we will be very happy!

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
tkng at xem.jp