[Uim] User/developer's manual

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 9 00:51:56 EET 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 07:00:39AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> At Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:16:44 +0900,
> tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> > * Requirement
> >  (1) Latest revision could be seen from web.
> >  (2) Easy to write.
> >  (3) Easy to comment.
> >  (4) Easy to handle image files.
> >  (5) Easy to translate.

> I also prefer DocBook XML as first step. Since we already have
> some DocBook based docs, transition cost may be small.

> It's efficient investment although (3) is not satisfied.

How about having docbook generate something for web-posting, to which
comments can be attached (either as a Wiki or like PHP's documentation
which gets comments attached to the bottom?)

(eg. a Wiki which can have a locked and unlocked section on each page,
the locked section is autogenerated from docbook, and the unlocked
section maybe gets a simple password protection?)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.