[Uim] User/developer's manual

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Sun Mar 13 21:55:20 EET 2005

OK, we should rewrite all document with DocBook. Is there any objection?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:51:56 +1100
Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au (Paul Hampson) wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 07:00:39AM +0900, YamaKen wrote:
> > At Wed, 9 Mar 2005 04:16:44 +0900,
> > tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> > > * Requirement
> > >  (1) Latest revision could be seen from web.
> > >  (2) Easy to write.
> > >  (3) Easy to comment.
> > >  (4) Easy to handle image files.
> > >  (5) Easy to translate.
>
> > I also prefer DocBook XML as first step. Since we already have
> > some DocBook based docs, transition cost may be small.
>
> > It's efficient investment although (3) is not satisfied.
>
> How about having docbook generate something for web-posting, to which
> comments can be attached (either as a Wiki or like PHP's documentation
> which gets comments attached to the bottom?)
>
> (eg. a Wiki which can have a locked and unlocked section on each page,
> the locked section is autogenerated from docbook, and the unlocked
> section maybe gets a simple password protection?)

That seems good idea, but I'm feeling concern about security holes. As
you may know, fd.o was compromised from TWiKi's security hole. So, I
don't want to use a minor software for documentation. I want to use
famous, secure software for documentation. (Major software doesn't
mean secure software, though.) Is there a standard software for such
purpose?

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki