[Uim] Development reformation: Current status of uim

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Mon Nov 21 14:49:32 EET 2005

At Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:55:01 +0900,
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp wrote:
> I'm thinking about committing byeoru into our repository later today.
> Is it OK, Yamaken?

Of course :)

And I have some questions about byeoru. Jae-hyeon, please let us
know.

Does the name 'byeoru' have an meaning? If it's a interpretable
hangul word, I would like to know the original characters. Then
we can translate or look up the word in several ways (at least
some free Korean-Japanese translation service is available).

Second question is not byeoru-specific but about generic "n
beol-sik" IMs. What spelling for the word 'beol' is most
familiar for native Korean speakers? You use the 'beol', but
some other Korean input method use 'bul' for it (And off topic,
Japanese refer it as "n boru shiki"). Because I could not judge
it, uim-hangul2 and uim-hangul3 are using 'bul' in some
description.

And what English translation can convey original meaning of "n
beol-sik"? Although I know the untranslated "n beol-sik" is
commonly used, someone like me may be interested in the meaning
since the names "2 beol" and "3 beol" intimate that a systematic
composition mechanism are underlying. I know both already and my
recognition is "n-set method", but I'm still interested in the
recognition on native Korean sense (excuse me, I'm curious on
namings).

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp