[Uim] Short-term roadmap to uim 1.1.0

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Nov 29 18:42:19 EET 2005

This is the short-term roadmap to uim 1.1.0 I'm planning. Please
let me know your opinion about it.

* 1.0.0 (stable)
  required:
    - revise the release process (see my previous message)
    - make soname of libuim proper
    - move entry.c to gtk/test
    - move qedittest.cpp to qt/test
    - translate updated messages to Japanese
    - describe important changes from uim 0.4.9.1 as NEWS

  if someone offers to work for:
    - support prediction feature of Anthy
    - merge Takuro's uim-anthy patch (r711)
    - merge uim-mana
    - translate messages to Korean (especially byeoru-related part)
    - make visual elements of uim-skk editable with uim-pref
    - make uim-color generalized and usable
    - UPreeditAttr extension for uim-prime ([Anthy-dev 1941], renaming needed)
    - update doc/api-doc

  (almost) done:
    - merge uim-byeoru
    - merge uim.el

* 1.1.0 (stable)
  - merge r5rs branch
  - define coding style (for new codes)
  - more stabilization
  - release as "uim 1.0 features ported on SigScheme"

* after 1.1.0 (detailed later)
  - remove dl-based linking from anthy.c (which obsoleted with
    the plugin feature)
  - introduce standard error handling interface to libuim
  - revise uim-scm API
  - separate helper-server dependency from bridges
  - reorganize and refactor bridges
  - merge composer branch
  - remove SIOD dependency and disable the compatible mode
  - Move Scheme codes to $PREFIX/share/uim/scm
  - apply the coding style to old codes

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp