[Uim] Short-term roadmap to uim 1.1.0

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Nov 30 11:21:42 EET 2005

Hi,

On 2005/11/30, at 1:42, YamaKen wrote:

> This is the short-term roadmap to uim 1.1.0 I'm planning. Please
> let me know your opinion about it.

> * 1.0.0 (stable)
>   required:
>     - revise the release process (see my previous message)

OK.  I'll create 1.0 branch after feature freeze.

>     - make soname of libuim proper

I'm a bit not sure about which -version-info will be appropriate for
the new release.  We've been using 0:1:0 until 0.4.9.1.  From then,
we've added uim_set_configuration_changed_cb() interface and removed
some constance values about preedit attributes according to
doc/COMPATIBILITY.  This seems to match with category 4 in
"6.3 Updating library version information" in libtool's info.

   4. If any interfaces have been added, removed, or changed since the
      last update, increment CURRENT, and set REVISION to 0.

So 1:0:0 must be the new -version-info, is it correct?

>     - move entry.c to gtk/test
>     - move qedittest.cpp to qt/test

Done.

>     - translate updated messages to Japanese
>     - describe important changes from uim 0.4.9.1 as NEWS

I'll write a draft of NEWS this weekend.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp