[Uim] uim 1.3.0-alpha released

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Tue Dec 5 16:28:05 EET 2006

-On [20061205 12:53], Etsushi Kato (ek.kato at gmail.com) wrote:
>Oh really?  So only Traditional Chinese IM uses Cpas_Lock as as mode
>toggle?

Possible, I do not know.

>I just checked source code of libchewing-0.3.0 and
>SCIM-chewing, and found they use Caps_Lock as a English/Chinese mode
>toggle.  But for Num_Lock, I was wrong and this is just used as a
>modifier.

Mmm, it seems older Windows/IE versions used caps lock:
http://www.newconcept.com/Reference/chinese_input_installation.html

XP at least and onward use shift.

>It seems libchewing is faily easy to use, so maybe I can write
>Traditional Chinese IM for uim.  But for Simplified Chinese IM I'm
>totally not sure.  It seems some component in SCIM-fcitx seems usable
>for uim too.  Anyway I should learn Chinese language and its grammar
>some time in the future ;)

Oh, which Chinese language? Hakka, Shanghainese, Cantonese, or just plain
standard Mandarin? :)

(And yes, I am recalcitrant and also prefer speaking kansaiben as opposed to
standard nihongo. ;))

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/
Seize from every moment its unique novelty and do not prepare your joys...