[Uim] uim 1.3.0-alpha released

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:53:39 EET 2006

On 12/5/06, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai at in-nomine.org> wrote:
> -On [20061205 12:53], Etsushi Kato (ek.kato at gmail.com) wrote:
> >Oh really?  So only Traditional Chinese IM uses Cpas_Lock as as mode
> >toggle?
>
> Possible, I do not know.
>
> >I just checked source code of libchewing-0.3.0 and
> >SCIM-chewing, and found they use Caps_Lock as a English/Chinese mode
> >toggle.  But for Num_Lock, I was wrong and this is just used as a
> >modifier.
>
> Mmm, it seems older Windows/IE versions used caps lock:
> http://www.newconcept.com/Reference/chinese_input_installation.html
>
> XP at least and onward use shift.

I see.

I just noticed that Mac OS X 10.3's Simplified Chinese IM also toggles
English/Chinese with Caps_Lock on my old iBook.  It is interesting
that even with Caps_Lock with LED turned on (i.e. English mode) ,
inputting alphabet letters are in small caps.

> >It seems libchewing is faily easy to use, so maybe I can write
> >Traditional Chinese IM for uim.  But for Simplified Chinese IM I'm
> >totally not sure.  It seems some component in SCIM-fcitx seems usable
> >for uim too.  Anyway I should learn Chinese language and its grammar
> >some time in the future ;)
>
> Oh, which Chinese language? Hakka, Shanghainese, Cantonese, or just plain
> standard Mandarin? :)

Hehe interesting.  But totally not sure yet.  I once have been to
HongKong for only one night with transit, but couldn't understand any
difference between Cantonese and standard Mandarin...

> (And yes, I am recalcitrant and also prefer speaking kansaiben as opposed to
> standard nihongo. ;))

Do you speak kansaiben?   For me, I can't.  I use nagoya-ben (where I
was born) or hokkaido-ben.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato