[Uim] Accessing input methods from the m17nlib in UIM

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 07:59:27 EET 2006

Hi,

On 12/9/06, Zach Rowinski <zachr at virginia.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to get Tibetan input working on Ubuntu linux using the m17n
> library. I have installed all of the necessary files and configured them
> according to the instructions on the UIM wiki page. The problem is that none
> of the m17n input methods are available when trying to configure the UIM
> preferences window. How can these input methods be enabled?

We don't have any preferences about uim-m17nlib (i.e. Group pane in
preference utility).  It just uses setting in m17nlib itself.

If you use m17nlib's IM wit uim, please make sure to have m17n-*-* IMs
in "Enabled input methods" in "Global settings" pane in uim-pref-gtk.
Then start an application and switch IM to m17n-*-* using uim's
toolbar (either applet or toolbar).

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato