[Uim] Chinese pinyin input methods supporting segment conversion for UIM?

Yaohan Chen yaohan.chen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:47:31 EEST 2006

Hello,

I've been using UIM with input methods like Anthy and Canna to enter Japanese.
However I cannot find an easy-to-use Chinese pinyin input method for UIM. The
included pinyin and m17n py only converts individual Chinese characters, but
don't allow entering whole phrases or sentences and converting by segment
like Anthy and Canna. I read that Wnn supports Chinese, but it looks like
it's not supported on UIM yet.

I used to use SCIM for both Chinese and Japanese, but recently I haven't been
able to run it. It would be nice if there is a good pinyin input method for
UIM. Does anyone have suggestions? Thank you!

Yaohan Chen