[Uim] Where is traditional Chinese Pinyin?

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:20:05 EEST 2006

On 6/26/06, Chunghau Lee <chunghaulee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used UIM in conjunction with SCIM a year ago and used UIM's
> traditional Chinese Pinyin.  I've reinstalled my system and am now
> using Ubuntu 6.06.  UIM is version 1.0 and SCIM is 4.4, but I am
> unable to find the old traditional Chinese Pinyin as one of the input
> methods :(  My locale is set to en_US.UTF-8.
>
> I looked around and I do have this file...
> /usr/share/uim/pinyin-big5.scm.  Is it actually being used?  Because I
> am unable to use that input method.

You can enable pinyin-big5.scm by invoking uim-pref-gtk,
and add "Pinyin (Traditional)" to enabled input methods in the Global settings.

It may be convenient for you to check "Specify default IM" and choose
"Pinyin (Traditional)" to Default input method.  If you don't specify
the default IM,
"direct IM" (just passthrough input) is used on en_US.UTF-8.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato
ek.kato at gmail.com