[Uim] [Docs] Config options' precedence details

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Jan 6 11:28:50 EET 2007

At Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:39:23 +0000,
martin at swift.is wrote:

> How does the precedence of config options, set in the graphical tool on
> the one hand and in ~/.uim on the other, work?
>
> Say I open up the graphical tool and see
>   [Global] on   "zenkaku-hankaku", "<Shift>space",
> but then set
>   generic-on-key '("<Alt>j")
> in ~/.uim, will the two settings add, giving three possible
> key-bindings or will the graphical tool settings be cleared?

The ~/.uim one overwrites the ~/.uim.d/customs/ ones at
application startup. But both settings are preserved in each
files. So once you removed the setting from ~/.uim, the
~/.uim.d/customs/ settings take effect.

> PS. Unimportant, but just out of curiosity in case someone knows: Why
> is the graphical tool configuration saved in ~/.uim.d/ rather than put
> both in a single directory, ~/.uim/? Just 'cause?

Mainly due to the historical reason. uim was only having ~/.uim
until uim-pref had appeared. At that time, we had introduced the
directory to be similar to ~/.emacs.d/.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name