[Uim] uim-toolbar-gtk-systray crashes when systray quits

d+uim at vdr.jp d+uim at vdr.jp
Tue Jan 9 03:15:02 EET 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:29:37PM +0900, Etsushi Kato wrote:
> >I use ``trayer'' as systray.
> >trayer is a lightweight GTK2-based systray for UNIX desktop.
> ># http://fvwm-crystal.org/screenshots.html
> ># http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1595
> >
> >uim-toolbar-gtk-systray puts icon into trayer.
> >When trayer quits, uim-toolbar-gtk-systray crashes.
> >gaim also puts, does not crash.

> It may not be a crash but just an unexpected exit of the program by
> quitting of systray.  Anyway I added a signal handling for
> uim-toolbar-gtk-systray in r4329.  Thanks for your report.

Thank you for your work, but it is different from my expectation.
It is my fault. My description is not enough, sorry.

Now,

1. Start trayer.
2. Start uim-toolbar-gtk-systray. It puts icon into trayer.
3. Quit trayer. uim-toolbar-gtk-systray also quits.

My expectation,

1. Start trayer.
2. Start uim-toolbar-gtk-systray. It puts icon into trayer.
3. Quit trayer. But uim-toolbar-gtk-systray is still running.
   Of course, uim-toolbar-gtk-systray's icon does not appear.
4. Restart trayer. uim-toolbar-gtk-systray puts icon into trayer again.

``gaim also puts, does not crash'' means it.

But systray is not quitted frequently,
then I think present uim-toolbar-gtk-systray's action is ok.

Regards,
--
	dai