[Uim] uim 1.4.0-alpha released

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Jan 7 03:41:16 EET 2007

Hi Etsushi,

At Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:26:52 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> I didn't use "--enable-debug" and just put "--prefix" only in ./configure.
>
> SigScheme version is about 5 times slower than SIOD version in "time
> make" in uim-*/scm directory to create installed-modules.scm and
> loader.scm (with uim-*/uim/uim-module-manager is already build).

> With a quick test, plain 1.4.0-alpha is too slow for normal use in
> this machine.  "--disable-backtrace" make it usable again, but still a
> bit slow in response to the key press.

I've disabled the backtrace option by default in 1.4.0-beta
based on your report. Thanks for the report.

Your report indicates that the main source of the slowness is
higher-frequency GC occurence. So, does this option affect?
Please test.

  --disable-internal-definitions

And to prove that the code complexity is not affecting the
slowness, try this option.

  --enable-storage=fatty

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick