[Uim] uim 1.5.0 TODO list

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Jan 12 10:59:44 EET 2007

At Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:37:47 +0900,
ek.kato at gmail.com wrote:

> Now I made "--disable-compat-siod-bugs" works with every IM so far.

Thanks a lot. And I've almost done libuim internal cleanup
except for uim-scm API brushup and replacing obsolete uim-util.c
procedures with R5RS or SRFI equivalents.

> On a side note, I encountered a frequent random fatal error "Error:
> fatal: assertion failed: (file: ../sigscheme/src/eval.c, line: 84)"
> while debugging.  I haven't got this error without "--enable-debug
> --enable-backtrace".  So something weird seems to happen in SigScheme
> with debug code enabled.

Thanks for the report. It indicates a miscoding in libuim or uim
plugins. SigScheme is running properly.  The code fragment
around assertion is:

SCM_EXPORT ScmObj
scm_call(ScmObj proc, ScmObj args)
{
    ScmEvalState state;
    ScmObj ret;

    SCM_ASSERT(PROPER_LISTP(args));     /* <= this */

Failing this assertion means that some uim_scm_call(),
uim_scm_call_with_guard() or uim_scm_eval() with a hand-made
list expression is having an improper list as the argument list,
such forms as follows (violates R5RS):

  (a-proc arg1 arg2 . improper)

When you encountered the error? Is a specific IM causes it? I've
not met it yet.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name